Saturday, May 17, 2008

Kacy Runs a 5K

Andrew and I have been training for the Batesville 5K for a couple of months now and the morning finally came to put our hills, sprints, lunges, weight lifting, distance and speed training to the test. (We ran as part of a Sunday School class team. Some members saw that other groups made shirts and suggested we should, too.  I heard someone ask, "Yeah! But what would we put on them?"  I said, "How about 'my Jesus is faster than your Jesus'?"  I'm not sure how my suggestion was received.)  It was my first race, and I came in fourth in my age group! Andrew came in eighth in his, and we both have the shin splints to prove it. It was fun in a very painful kind of way. Watch out Water Valley Watermelon festival -- I've got the fever!


3 comments:

April said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
April said...

Congrats to you both! There's no way I could have accomplished anything like that. I would have passed out within the first 30 feet! ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you both. I'll see you in WV! I think some of our class wants to do that one also.